Coast to Coast Renewal Service - Coast-to-coast (magazine) renewal service - here we go again
(See my post on July 24, 2013 re: Central Periodic Services)
It happened again, with a different company!"Coast-to-coast Renewal Service" - (218)789-4126.
For the last several months, I have been receiving about a dozen magazines (started with 1, every month added a new one) for a few months, that I had not ordered. Nobody could tell me who ordered them, but that I was not paying for them. Same thing, getting calls asking if I was receiving them ok, I told them that I didn't order nor would I pay for them. Then, I got "the" call wanting to know if I wanted to renew, and that I would have to listen to a "recording" in order to cancel.
I told them that I never ordered this, etc. etc., and the guy (Phillip Jones) asked to put me on hold so he could talk to his supervisor. After about 5 minutes, I got disconnected. I checked my credit card online and, sure enough, had a pending charge for magazines for $5.
I called both the number on the card and the number that called me and told them to get if off there (the last one said that it was an "accident," that Phillip had pushed the wrong button!) Anyway, they said that it would take 3 to 5 days to get it off my card. Day 4, is still there. (I didn't cancel my card the last time, didn't think it would happen again - ha!) I am paying it off and getting a new card this time. (Still not sure how they got the card number in the first place.) The only magazine I have ordered is one through my niece's girl scouts, paid with a check.
I never give anybody my bank account number, at least with a credit card you have an out!Anyway, the new rip off magazine renewal is "Coast to coast Renewal," FYI!!127eff9d review #407091
You may also like
- "It may be a coincedence but I kinda doubt it .... Albany and Brooklyn are like two hours from each other ... I find it hard to believe that someone..."
- "eNom's Domain Name Reseller, William Nelson Cashen "aka" Nelson Cashen & wife Diane Cashen continue to use their ISP, eNom in the USA, and proxy servers "world Wide" to..."
- "Short recap of horrors. The host showed up 4 hours late to meet us and gain entry to the apt. We had spent $100+ in intl phone costs in trying..."
- "So I switch from AT&T to Suddenlink around the first of August. Originally I signed up for their home phone/Internet bundle. I only needed the Internet and was happy with..."
- "I went to wendys fast food drive thru in Minden, La. First the person taking my order was very rude. I had a coupon for a free chicken sandwich with..."
- "negative zero for a rating if that is possible. For my mothers' funeral I ordered a beautiful arrangement, all white flowers with a crystal/glass cross. What was delivered was..."
- "My 4th followup !!! Can I know what is happening on my request to replace the wrong product delivered? How long will you will sit on this request? I raised this complaint..."
- "My wife recently bought a 2011 BMW X5. After she signed the papers Stephen (the sale manager) informs her that the vehicle needs to be taken to the shop..."
- "This company is unethical. Let me explain why. If you order a new piece of furniture chances are you will receive a used piece. If it does not arrive at..."