Coast to Coast Renewal Service - Coast-to-coast (magazine) renewal service - here we go again
(See my post on July 24, 2013 re: Central Periodic Services)
It happened again, with a different company!"Coast-to-coast Renewal Service" - (218)789-4126.
For the last several months, I have been receiving about a dozen magazines (started with 1, every month added a new one) for a few months, that I had not ordered. Nobody could tell me who ordered them, but that I was not paying for them. Same thing, getting calls asking if I was receiving them ok, I told them that I didn't order nor would I pay for them. Then, I got "the" call wanting to know if I wanted to renew, and that I would have to listen to a "recording" in order to cancel.
I told them that I never ordered this, etc. etc., and the guy (Phillip Jones) asked to put me on hold so he could talk to his supervisor. After about 5 minutes, I got disconnected. I checked my credit card online and, sure enough, had a pending charge for magazines for $5.
I called both the number on the card and the number that called me and told them to get if off there (the last one said that it was an "accident," that Phillip had pushed the wrong button!) Anyway, they said that it would take 3 to 5 days to get it off my card. Day 4, is still there. (I didn't cancel my card the last time, didn't think it would happen again - ha!) I am paying it off and getting a new card this time. (Still not sure how they got the card number in the first place.) The only magazine I have ordered is one through my niece's girl scouts, paid with a check.
I never give anybody my bank account number, at least with a credit card you have an out!Anyway, the new rip off magazine renewal is "Coast to coast Renewal," FYI!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Magazine Renewal Service
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "My husband bought me a bracelet in December of 2013 with about 6 charms. Within one week, one rhinestone from the link locket fell out along with a single rhinestone..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "Hello, I'm pretty dissatisfied with the quality of the flowers that I purchased. What my girlfriend received looks nothing like what was pictured on their website.What I ordered was "The..."
- "DO NOT USE UPS!!!! They broke my monitor and they opened it as well. This guy NEVER comes to the door. They just leave it at the office. I don't..."
- "I didnt mind the wait but when I did receive my order I was so very disappointed!! The dresses (3) were nothing but garage!! The quality is..."
- "Purchased brand new. Wore them once. Insoles are disintegrating..."
- "Booked a Car. When we arrived late and tired at the airport, Europcar did not have the car we booked. Europcar Forced us to pay £120 more for a different..."
- "In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per..."
- "I bought the blackout cellular blinds. Got jammed after a few months, got them fixed. Got jammed again, got them 'fixed' again. Only this time, they were..."